Welcome to the Student Government
What is Student Council?
Student Council is a student-based civic organization designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students.
Students participating in all levels of the Council will maintain a high standard of personal conduct. Council members will demonstrate leadership qualities by serving as good examples of behavior through their words and actions.
All Council members will be expected to participate in approved activities, which will serve to enhance the quality of both the physical and behavior environment of the school.
Collaborative Arts Middle School’s Student Council provides leadership opportunities for interested students. Student Council members represent middle school students and promote the core values of Scholarship, Artistry and Service. Members respond to student issues and create student activities that promote enthusiasm and school spirit, building a community where each member and their constituents are valued and respected. Student Council members work with students, faculty, staff, parents, and administrators to make things happen in a timely manner.
Student Government Calendar
Meet Our Members
President : TBD
Vice President: TBD
Treasurer : TBD
6th Grade Student Representative: TBD
7th Grade Student Representative: TBD
8th Grade Student Representative: TBD
The Purpose of Student Council
- To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- To promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/faculty relationships.
- To improve school morale and general welfare.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.
Benefits of Student Council
- Opportunity to improve reading and writing skills
- Gain experience in public speaking
- Learn how to make a positive impact on school and community environment
- Meet and collaborate with a diverse group of people
Students participating in Student Council Program will:
- Develop effective communication skills
- Take on leadership opportunities
- Have strategies for problem solving
- Improve peer relationships
- Express and develop a shared vision
- Enjoy the process